Innovation is best realized through open collaboration. AudienceView’s open platform initiative connects the power of our industry leading eCommerce and CRM platform to a community of applications and technologies. This aim will see AV’s existing basic API enhanced and productized to be a new model for developer-friendly interfaces.
We’re looking for an experienced, driven Lead API Developer to take our Open Platform initiative to the next level. Working with the Technical Product Manager, API & Open Platform, you’ll be responsible for the technical implementation of the Open Platform initiative, with the goal of growing and supporting the AudienceView global ecosystem in the events and entertainment industry. You will do so by leading the API development program while consulting with our partners, clients and internal stakeholders.
This is a terrific opportunity to work within a fast paced, innovative company that seeks to revolutionize how event and entertainment organizations engage with their passionate fans and supporters. If you possess a passion for open platforms as well as superior communication, leadership and technical skills while being organized, self-motivated and driven to develop solutions, then this is the right position for you.
- Architecture and development of AudienceView’s API and Open Platform initiative as part of the company’s next generation technology direction.
- Execute against AudienceView’s API product roadmap
- Own and refine integrations with select partners and 3rd-parties
- Advocate and champion API use within the AV community, via best practice articles, contribution on forums, ownership of sample code, reference cases, SDKs, etc.
- Champion API-first and RESTful design best practices and architectures as access methodologies to the existing platform
- Clearly communicate technical concepts and details to a variety of audiences, including non-technical stakeholders, enterprise clients and experienced software developers/architects (be comfortable at the whiteboard).
- Design and conduct programs to mentor your immediate team on API design, best practices and advanced product concepts.
- Develop ways to improve internal processes and increase efficiency, and are eager to contribute these ideas.
Below is a list of ideal attributes for this position. Bear in mind that we always favour talent, energy and a history of being a “top performer” over any specific skill set.
- Strong proficiency in open systems and API development
- Experience with providing and refining REST APIs using Node.js or similar tooling
- Exposure in building API developer portals, preferably with API Management tools such as Apigee, CA Layer7, Mashery, Mulesoft, etc.
- Experience with legacy web services and familiarity with SOAP and other legacy protocols
- Demonstrated knowledge of API service management, including business and technical policies (e.g., security, access, throttling, rate limiting)
- BS/BA, 5+ years of relevant experience
- Recognition within the Industry as an expert