As the Payroll and Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for the timely execution of payroll and the administration of various benefit plans across Canada, US, and the UK. Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources, you will be integral to the G&A team by supporting HR and Finance initiatives and by providing exceptional customer service to our employees.
You are passionate about payroll and you are obsessed with details and accuracy to ensure compliance and data integrity within the Payroll processes.
You also love people and are customer focused. You demonstrate a significant ability for discretion in dealing with employees at all levels and handling confidential information.
And beyond that, you love to take initiative to make processes better. You’re always on the lookout to improve efficiencies because as an active contributor to the human resource team, you are keen to improve how we service the organization.
- Collect, analyze, audit and validate payroll data for new hires, departures, transfers and the other pay and deduction components
- Process full cycle payroll functions with minimum supervision
- Process semi-monthly and monthly payroll for global employees: Canada, US, UK and Ireland, interacting and ensuring compliance with international, state and local tax authorities
- Ensures that internal controls and audit trails are in place for all payroll processes
- Maintain the vacation and time off process, track vacation accruals, and assist with enforcing employee policies for absence management
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliations and journal entries
- Reconcile payroll transactions with bank accounts
- Process year-end forms: T4’s, W2’s, P11D’s and P30/P35 filings
- Maintain payroll and HR employee files
- Maintain the employee global group benefit and retirement savings plans
- Maintain employee enrollment and participation
- First point of contact employee questions relating to various benefit programs
- Manage the full corporate expense reimbursement process
- Review, verify and summarize employee expenses for approval and reimbursement
- Maintain and update employee expense reporting system
- Provide administrative support to the HR and Finance teams
- Prepare ad hoc reports
- Assist with annual audits as required
- Assist with drafting and enforcing corporate policies
- Actively pursue process improvements in all areas
- Execute monthly reconciliation and journal entry where applicable
- Manage other responsibilities and projects as required
- University degree in Finance, Human Resources or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience in full cycle payroll
- Canadian Payroll Association – PCP certification
- Experience with US and other international payroll and benefits
- HRIS/Payroll Implementation
- Experience with BambooHR, ADP Pay@Work, RUN powered by ADP, ADP Editor, SutiExpense and Netsuite considered an asset