On March 31, the George Washington men’s basketball team claimed its first post-season crown.
After a close first half, the senior-laden team held a double-digit lead at the 12:26 mark of the second half. The Colonials never looked back, with a 76-60 win over Valparaiso to become National Invitation Tournament (NIT) champs!
While all eyes were on the court as the Colonials racked up a school record 28 victories, Manager of Ticket Operations and Sales Anjuwon Spence and his colleagues were busy transforming the school’s e-commerce and fan engagement capabilities with AudienceView as its new technology partner.
The move made it possible for GW to be proactive and manage quick turnarounds during the post season.
“This was our first year using the AudienceView ticketing system,” said Anjuwon Spence. “Between the integrated sales and marketing functionality and Audience View’s reliable customer service support, we were able to efficiently manage what ended up being our most well-attended post-season games to-date.”
How did Spence do it? Here are five factors that led to GW’s smooth post-season run off the court:
• Using integrated email marketing, distribution lists were created in advance so news could go out immediately as the Colonials advanced. There were no manual updates needed as fans who bought tickets after the lists were created were automatically subscribed. The emails were also set to include individual user names to help fans log in and limit customer service issues.
• Staff built home and away games quickly, easily and in advance using AudienceView’s save-copy functionality. When new games were announced, GW simply added basic info – like game time and pricing – and was ready to flip the on-sale switch in just minutes.
• AudienceView’s renewal tool ensured season ticket holders could purchase their seats for post-season events. Seats that went unclaimed were automatically opened up for the public once the box office determined the release day and time.
• Using AudienceView’s web-based system, everything can be done from the road – from email marketing and event creation/on-sales to processing orders and setting up renewals for season ticket holders to purchase their post-season seats. Customer service questions and issues can all be addressed on site – there is never a need to reach out to the campus box office or have a printed list of ticket holders.
• Senior staff can easily check on post-season sales reports and dashboards using their mobile phones.
“With AudienceView, we were always ready to start selling for the next game the moment our team advanced,” adds Anjuwon Spence. “Being proactive and planning ahead with our post-season set up gave us more time to focus on the last-minute details that often come along with the excitement of advancing in the tournament. Leveraging AudienceView’s marketing automation and other scheduling features also contributed significantly to our success.”